Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GP2x optimisation  (Read 5468 times)

Yod4z

• New User
    • View Profile
GP2x optimisation
« on: August 10, 2007, 12:22:45 »

to gain some speed on the GP2x version you can use the new sdl lib for GP2x you can find them on open2x pages.
You can already use profiling optimisation: http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?showtopic=28490
use the mmuhack module to have acces to all the memory: http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,46,1690

The GP2x must have to work with usb keyboard and mouse to be more easy to use.

danboid

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: GP2x optimisation
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 12:48:21 »

I've not been able to test if it is possible already (or at all) but I'd love to see support for Milkytrackers 640x480 interface mode on the 2X for those that have TV out.

Also, would it be possible for those with a BoB (breakout box) to use a USB MIDI adapter and/or a USB sound card (for MIDI, mic and line in) with the current version? I'd presume that if these features currently work on the Linux PC version then they should work on the 2X version too- provided your hardware is supported by the kernel of course!

Much more important is support for USB keyboard and mouse, as Yod4z has already mentioned, as this would make Milky2X much more usable,

Deltafire

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: GP2x optimisation
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 22:04:58 »

AFAIK, if you can get the USB keyboard and mouse working with the GP2X/SDL, it should then work with Milkytracker without having to make any changes.

As for 640x480 support - yes this is possible, but would require a recompile - convince me why this is actually useful and I will consider spending some time building the VGA version ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up