Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: File browser  (Read 15086 times)

Mr Pras

• New User
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
File browser
« on: August 14, 2007, 18:17:29 »

Hi,

I hope it's easy to implement,  but

on the ppc version, the browser only finds files one directory deep

this sucks as of course I don't want to put all the folders (beats, drums, shots etc) in the root folder

Also, is there a way to remember the previous location in browser so that I do not have to navigate repeatedly to the same place to load the next sample in a set?

Thanks
Using milky tracker ppc ARM

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: File browser
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 20:57:43 »

These sound very much like the annoyances of the standard file dialog in Windows Mobile. Using the internal browser (click FLIP in the disk op screen, enable permanently from the config) here I can freely browse the file system and the last used directory is remembered when I open the browser again. Directory preset buttons are also available.

Mr Pras

• New User
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 12:15:46 »

Thanks for that :)
Using milky tracker ppc ARM

am-fm

• New User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.surprise-productions.com
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 20:33:21 »

hey :D

the internal browser rules (and is better than the standart windows mobile browser)..
and i finally managed today changing the batterypack from my t-mobile mda1 (the old only works for 1 hour, omg)
Surprise ! Productions - drunk like hell since 1991
The Ravebusters - Bumping ya ears since 1987

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 22:38:16 »

My iPaq battery is equally bad with the back light on. I once took the PDA apart and it really didn't seem like user replaceable either :(

Sparky74

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 10:13:32 »

Wow! I'm so glad I found this forum. The Windows Mobile file brower was such a pain!! Internal browser is awesome.

The only request I have is... Once you load an instrument from the Internal browser, could we have the instrument/sample slot hilighted after loading so I don't have to select it before I can hear it on the piano keyboard? Don't know about you guys but I find scanning through samples to get the right one is the most painful process on any tracker - one click operation for this kind of thing is always best for me.

Now then.. I sent the author an email regarding source code. Is the WinCE source code going to be publicly available sometime soon? That would be so awesome. I'm a developer and would love to make a few tweaks - not that this awesome program needs many at all! It rocks!!

Sparky

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 10:59:58 »

Wow! I'm so glad I found this forum. The Windows Mobile file brower was such a pain!! Internal browser is awesome.
I'm glad you like it.

The only request I have is... Once you load an instrument from the Internal browser, could we have the instrument/sample slot hilighted after loading so I don't have to select it before I can hear it on the piano keyboard? Don't know about you guys but I find scanning through samples to get the right one is the most painful process on any tracker - one click operation for this kind of thing is always best for me.
Not sure if I got your request right. Do you want to switch back to the instrument/sample view after loading a sample?

Now then.. I sent the author an email regarding source code. Is the WinCE source code going to be publicly available sometime soon? That would be so awesome. I'm a developer and would love to make a few tweaks - not that this awesome program needs many at all! It rocks!!
I replied to your email, maybe you should look into your spam folder from time to time ;)
Right now I'm cleaning up the source code, after that I might publish the source, but I wouldn't really count on it.

Sparky74

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 20:16:02 »

Hi Pailes. Thanks for replying to my email.. I guess I made the mistake of using the work's email address rather than my own.

Well if you don't publicly publish the source, I'd be more than happy to make a donation in exchange for it ;-)

OK.. Back to the internal browser.. Lets say I am in a folder full of instruments. If I double tap on an instrument it loads (point here is that I'd love a configurable single-tap option just for this screen)... Now then, after the instrument has loaded, I would like to remain in the Disk Op screen in case I don't like the instrument and want to load another. It does just that at the moment which is cool... What I'm talking about is this: if I load an instrument into slot 1 (top right of the display), I have to tap on that instrument slot again to select it before the piano keyboard will play the instrument. I think its because the selection 'focus' remains on the filename within the file browser. It would be great if the focus would be placed back onto the instrument slot just loaded so that you can immediately tap a piano key and hear the instrument.

Paul

luke

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 17:11:32 »

;D HEY! INTERNAL FILE BROWSER = SUPER AWESOMO!!!  ;D

luke

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 11:43:01 »

by the way I bought an extended battery pack for hp ipaq the other day and you can get 10 hours of goodness out of it with full backlight and playing music!!! 8)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up