Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: feature: accord to SID arpeggio ?  (Read 6277 times)

daxx

• New User
    • View Profile
feature: accord to SID arpeggio ?
« on: August 19, 2007, 04:19:02 »

hi.. is it possible to mark for exsample 3 tracks with a playing chords and on right mousebutton i can convert it to a SID arpeggio ?

would be a powerfull feature for creating chiptunes and very helpfull...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 00:52:45 by daxx »

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: feature: accord to SID arpeggio ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 09:54:54 »

Why not just use the MOD arpeggio command 0xy on the effect column?

Although your emphasis seems to be on the conversion, it's possible to do arps this way but it's not very space efficient. A better way to do wider arpeggios would be to have altering base note for every other row with their respective arpeggio parameters (as explained by Strobe on the old forums). The method in my example has a couple of advantages still. a) The arpeggio speed is not dependent on your module speed setting since it's controlled with the volume envelope and b) you don't have to start the arpeggio with the lowest note in the chord and c) you can effect every blip individually etc.. If you only require help with the conversion of chords to 0xy, Flasch's little web tool still does the job. :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 21:01:14 by raina »

daxx

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: feature: chords to SID arpeggio ?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 19:55:49 »

you did'nt understand what i mean...

i mean .. is it possible to convert it to 0xy command...

exsample:

i play some chords on 3 tracks... i mark it and press "convert to sid arpeggio"

milkytracker now use the mainnote of this chords and set automatic the right 0xy values and convert it to one track with all the 0xy numbers + the mainnote :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 00:54:00 by daxx »

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: feature: accord to SID arpeggio ?
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 11:06:24 »

I think I in fact did understand what you meant. To answer your question simply: no, it's not possible. At least not at present time. So I thought I'd try to help you out there. Although my reply was a little wandering I acknowledged what you were after and gave two hints. The first one was about easing arpeggiating by using another method that has its pros and cons but which effectively removes the need for the conversion and the second was a link to a web tool that does the conversion part nicely, all you have to do is enter the parameters in the tracker.

Maybe I should have not have replied at all because this was posted in the feature requests board where it alone does the job of requesting a feature. It was the question form of the post that tricked me into trying to help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up