Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to all of this  (Read 8038 times)

smgplus3

• New User
    • View Profile
New to all of this
« on: August 25, 2007, 17:26:36 »

Hello everyone.I'm a new member to this site,I originally joined because I am a huge fan of modulars,I own a few myself,and will  be purchasing a few soon...also uploading some private waves.However it seems this site is different than my initial understanding...oh well so much for my brain :-).I have a few freshman questions in regards to "Traking",and all the .dll files you all have so generously made accessable.First of all what exactly is a "tracker'?,how do you use it?,What is a "bit torrent"?,how do you use it?Last, but not least(and maybe the most "telling"of all my questions is...)are the.dll files only for PC's?I own a G5 Dual Core and  have been trying to use the various plug-ins in .dll format.Is there anyone here willing to assist?I would greatly appreciate it! ???

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: New to all of this
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 17:04:08 »

I'm not sure if you're right here, because modulars and moduels don't have anything in common afaik :D and modules are normally not purchasable...
G5, isn't that a Mac computer? I don't know how many module players there are and how good they are, and I especially don't know which trackers are available for the Mac. There is a audio library called "BASS" (www.un4seen.com) which can also be used on Mac systems, but the player itself ("XMPlay") is for Windows only. Now, what is a tracker? Basically, it's a piece of software that can be used to produce music. The most notable difference between a tracker (like MilkyTracker, ModPlug Tracker) and a sequencer (Cubase, Logic) is the direction the music is displayed: a tracker displays your piece of music vertically and a sequencer plays it horizontally. Get more information at Wikipedia.
Last but not least, Bit Torrent is a filesharing network. You need a Client like Azureus (I'm pretty sure it also works on Mac systems) to handle torrent files. Also have a look at Wikipedia to find out how it works.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker
Pages: [1]   Go Up