Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A 4 channel techno .MOD  (Read 8349 times)

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
A 4 channel techno .MOD
« on: August 25, 2007, 22:08:10 »

Looking for a pretty aggressive techno module that might or might not have the words "freedom", "hardcore" or "night" somewhere in the title or smptexts. I'm thinking it must be pre-1993 because that's about the time when I remember first hearing it (and recording it on a cassette tape). The song got its aggression from the usage of pulse wavey samples for the main sequences, heavy gating and shouted vocal samples.

I've tried searching the TMA obviously but I've only found mods that share a vocal sample from the module. If you take a look at freedomremix.mod, the shared sample is number 2. Being the clever chap I am, I noticed the song is a remix but the song I'm looking for isn't the one that was remixed. (I seem to have a freedom.mod on my hd from my past search attempts which sounds like it was used as the base for the remix but which in turn sounds like it was sampled from a commercial song. Phew!)

Ok, getting a little side-tracked here.. The point was and is: "Have You Seen This Mod?" If you recognize it, please let me know.

Kmuland

• Milkytracker Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: A 4 channel techno .MOD
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 19:00:11 »

"Antico - We need freedom" is the original song.. and I think I remember the module.. but no  idea now where is it  :( and what was his .mod name

« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 19:05:51 by Kmuland »

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 10:25:04 »

Cool to hear the original where the sample came from but this is not the song I'm looking for (nor are the n^10 .MOD covers or remixes). As far as I can remember, the two songs share no more attributes than this one sample. So, no, the main sequence from the Antico song is not included. I seem to remember another bit of information about the missing module: there was this whip sound that in some parts of the song played in between bass drum kicks. Sorry, I know it's vague but I really want to find the track. (Last night I checked out about 1000 "freedom" and "night" mods manually with no success. :P )

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Closure
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 21:04:08 »

While cleaning out the house I grew up in, I found the aforementioned cassette tape. Well, the tape itself was missing but not to worry, the inlay with the track names was there. Because of that, I was finally able to track down the few modules I've been missing since I accidentally wiped my hard drive in 1998. The song I was looking for in this thread is the rather generically yet specifically named "party-time" by gin. It won't turn up if you search for "partytime" or "party time". ;)

For the fun of it and with the help of The Mod Archive, I decided to rebuild the playlist and share it if you somehow managed to miss these gems. So without even further ado, I present you…

FRESH!, a module mixtape compiled by little raina of circa 11 years

Side A
1. Zarch & Opal – Fresh Housedownload
2. Jellybean – Phantasydownload
3. Gin – Party-timedownload
4. Heatbeat – Charism of Darknessdownload
5. Dr. Awesome – Bridge to the Universe, part 2download
6. Bruno – Sonardownload
7. Captain – Space Debrisdownload
8. Greg – Odyssey, part 4download
Side B
1. Stony – Das Bootdownload
2. Heatbeat – Street Jungledownload
3. Greg – Odyssey, part 1download
4. Moon Zulie – Tranze Sevendownload
5. Danko – Complicationsdownload
6. Captain – Beyond Music*download

*) I took the liberty of adding this little 2011 bonus track because it really should have been there. We used to listen to it all the time on my friend's 286 via his Sound Blaster 2.0. It remains one of my favorites being at least neck and neck with if not slightly better than Space Debris. (And I know those might have been some of the most controversial sentences ever written.) About the only reason I can think of for the omission must have been my mom calling me home for dinner. I mean come on, there were still MINUTES left on this C60 baby.

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 22:14:59 »

I had a tape with quite a few of those on too. Weird and wonderful story. Glad you found closure :D
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 13:06:42 »

My very own tape contained the song from Hex Appeal by Cascada, Zodiak song, classic.

Awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFZ2gw23P2M
Pages: [1]   Go Up