Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [no bug] Trying to get going on Vista...  (Read 5402 times)

koda

• New User
    • View Profile
[no bug] Trying to get going on Vista...
« on: September 11, 2007, 09:12:35 »

Hey Milkycrew, it's been a few.  I've been out of the loop for several months-- I built a new computer recently, and I'm having a bit of trouble getting Milkytracker up and running.

Well, the program itself works for the most part-- I guess my problem is that it's not 'smooth'.  I'm referring to the scrolling, for the most part.  When I was running Milky on my old Windows XP box, everything was flawless-- I downloaded 0.90.60 for NT/Vista/etc. recently, and the scrolling action is choppy-- it doesn't seem to quite keep up with the playback, and then the 'highlight' will glitch out for a second and skip down several lines to catch up with the song.

It's not a problem for playback, but of course I use Milky primarily for creation, and it makes editing a bit of a pain.  For the most part, it feels like the highlighted area is not corresponding 100% accurately with the playback, and this wasn't the case on my old computer.

Any ideas?  I'd really appreciate it-- if I can get this all worked out, I'd like to bang out a few tracks.  =)

If it helps, I'm running Windows Vista 64-bit, with 4GB of memory and (for the moment) integrated Realtek audio.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 12:54:11 by m0d »
img]http://www.flu3ncy.net/misc/kodasig1.gif[/img]

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to get going on Vista...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 10:09:43 »

Go to the config and see what audio driver is selected. If it's DirectSound you probably need to lower the buffer size. If it's something else go and select DirectSound and lower the buffer size ;)

koda

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to get going on Vista...
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 21:32:32 »

Yeah!  That seemed to help.  =)

Thanks Pailes.
img]http://www.flu3ncy.net/misc/kodasig1.gif[/img]
Pages: [1]   Go Up