Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chibitracker & Linux, Wine too  (Read 9870 times)

OpenExperiences

• New User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.oex.pl
Chibitracker & Linux, Wine too
« on: September 22, 2007, 01:22:30 »

My first thing i tried to do was fast downloading & running Chibitracker on my Linux Ubuntu platform. There were two possible ways to do that: First one, was obtaining package for my distro of that Operating System; second one - emulating the windows version of Chibitracker using the "Wine", a popular Windows emulator under Linux Systems.

The first one (rc version) caused such display:

userrr@ubuntu:~/Desktop/chibitracker/chibitracker-1.0rc1-x86$ ls
chibitracker  README  skins

userrr@ubuntu:~/Desktop/chibitracker/chibitracker-1.0rc1-x86$ ./chibitracker
***ERROR-Thread: -1212709168*** -  mixer/sound_driver_manager.cpp:32 INVALID INDEX 0/0
***ERROR-Thread: -1212709168*** -  mixer/sound_driver_manager.cpp:39 INVALID INDEX 0/0
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

So, Linux version for me doesn't work. I am not an expert in Linux and nowadays i haven't found any debian-like version packed into .deb package. Do you have such working package? I rather don't want to experiment compiling with python or whatever - not today.

Now, the second way mentioned above:
I run Chibi under Wine and saw that there aren't any letters on the tracker's window. Hence i rather had'nt any possibility to check whether even sound properly works in this program. Maybe you know some easy ways to fix Wine settings for this program or in case of the developer of it he can just do something for displaying fonts under Wine?

Finally, do you have any idea to run it simply under linux? 

I cannot promise that i will be answering each your posts regularly, but please, write those ones for everyone interested.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 01:35:34 by OpenExperiences »
o0OO0o.o0OO0o..

neptho

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Chibitracker & Linux, Wine too
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 03:35:01 »

That's quite strange.  Are you using OSS, or ALSA?

At a terminal, type:

'ls -l /dev/dsp', and 'cat /dev/sndstat'
and post the results.

You should be able to access the device natively; Chibi uses SDL, which is slower than heck, but works (well, not on my machine, it's too slow. :( )
Pages: [1]   Go Up