Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delete Octamed style (PPC)  (Read 5470 times)

Vectrex

• New User
    • View Profile
Delete Octamed style (PPC)
« on: October 22, 2007, 18:14:04 »

Hi, tiny request. On the PPC version I can't find a way to 'remove' the note at the cursor and suck up the notes below (the only way I've ever done it)
I see only 'backspace', which deletes the previous note and moves the cursor up (which to me is super weird ;) )

ps Remove Line also. Ta very much :)
pps Doesn't need a spot on the gui really, just a bindable key in the key config and I'd be very happy.
ppps YES! A proper tracker for my PPC!

www.similarmusic.com
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 18:23:55 by Vectrex »

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: Delete Octamed style (PPC)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 20:28:23 »

Believe me, coming from FT background it's equally hard to adjust other kinds of edit button behaviors.

Did you notice backspace DOES "suck" up the notes below? It works very much like in a text editor.

(Removing lines can be achieved by deleting lines (above) with Shift-Backspace and inserting the same amount of lines with Shift-Insert.) <-- True for desktop.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 20:49:12 by raina »

Vectrex

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 14:43:11 »

Well the reason I use Insert and Delete on other trackers is to experiment with the timing. So I can happily shunt sections of notes around with minimal effort and no fear of anything getting deleted (since insert makes a blank note which is the same one that would get deleted).
With the Milky Way (arf) you'd have to constantly shuffle the cursor about to do the same which seems a tad odd. Anyway it'd be a tiny option I'd think and I imagine lots of tracker people would appreciate it. Come to think of it, octamed style Insert/Delete is the primary reason I use trackers. It makes experimenting SO quick that in live shows I actually make the beats up as it loops :) No way I could do that in cubase style systems.

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 21:04:24 »

Yeah, it doesn't seem like a huge effort so maybe it'll happen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up