Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IR/BT keyboard/mouse milky tracker input for WM5 smartphone?  (Read 7857 times)

alien_brain

• New User
    • View Profile
IR/BT keyboard/mouse milky tracker input for WM5 smartphone?
« on: December 03, 2007, 06:46:35 »

wow what a cool little app!  im impressed.  and it runs very nicely on my HTC wizard.  very nice work!

i wanna buy a mouse/keyboard just to use as input for this tracker.  what protocols are supported?

i have something called 'true connect' that allows the same idea but over a usb connection, and it requires a host computer.  cool if youre at home, but the point for me would be remote operation/composition.  currently the mouse works except for the orientation, rendering it useless, and the keyboard does not work.

btw,  milky tracker appears upside down on my WM5 device (HTC wizard), and when i switch the view to left handed mode, the buttons dont work and im forced to reboot.  i would really love it if all the buttons worked in left handed mode.  this would also allow me to open the built in keyboard and use built in keys.  also, the IR port is on top that way so the whole getup can be used with a normal stow away IR keyboard.  there are also many cheaper IR keyboards made for home computers, but i bet they share the same protocol.  i just want full size keyboard input with all the F keys and a dedicated number row...  and i hear that IR is less taxing on the battery than BT 1.2 or whatever it is.

so does milky tracker respond to either bluetooth or infra red keyboard/mouse input?

is there a way to get the screen fixed?

where do i donate?   ;D

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: IR/BT keyboard/mouse milky tracker input for WM5 smartphone?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 13:47:16 »

Hello. I'm not sure about what kinds of input is supported because all these things are handled by the operating system and not by MilkyTracker itself. So basically if WM5 supports the keyboard, MilkyTracker will probably too.

I'm not sure what your problem is with the landscape vs. portrait orientation mode, but what you need to do is, use the included configuration tool (it's in the zip archive, a little program called "PocketPC Keyconfig" or something) and use this to adjust the view manually to the way you want it. It should have no affect to the buttons/keys because it is a software blitter that rotates the view.
You also need to enable the built-in keyboard in the setup tool I've just mentioned.

Paypal donate adress is listed on www.milkytracker.net, every donation is very appreciated.

alien_brain

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 15:38:51 »

use the included configuration tool

i was saying that i did this already, and the buttons dont work in left handed mode.  i have to hard reboot because i cant quit the application.

im using a WM5 smartphone: (Qtek 9100, I-mate K-JAM, T-Mobile MDA Vario, Orange SPV M3000, O2 XDA Mini S, Dopod 838 or Cingular 8125). these are all the same phone, just marketed under different names.

see how the keyboard is upside down?  the display only works that way.  got any ideas? 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 15:41:02 by alien_brain »

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 09:30:33 »

I'm a little bit baffled how the software blitter has an effect on the keys as an input method. Are you sure you just changed the orientation in the config tool and nothing else? When you change the orientation back the keys are working ok again?

alien_brain

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 03:50:49 »

the picture you see is the default right handed view (90CW), which is the only orientation that the onscreen buttons work with.  when i switch the view to left handed (90CCW), the onscreen buttons dont work.  i didnt change anything else.  when i change back to right handed view, the onscreen buttons work again.

alien_brain

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 21:27:48 »

i just donated

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 09:56:43 »

Thank you :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up