Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [unconfirmed] Video mode bug  (Read 11504 times)

boorch

• New User
    • View Profile
[unconfirmed] Video mode bug
« on: February 05, 2008, 11:03:47 »

until yesterday i had no problem changing resolutions but this morning when i try to use milky tracker 1280x800 fullscreen it says "your video card doesn't support this video mode" or smt like that..

now i realized that it's about fullscreen mode.. whatever resolution i try, it never works as fullscreen. what shall i do?

(i have a macbook btw)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 12:49:26 by m0d »

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: Video mode bug
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 14:50:53 »

Does it work now? I have no problem running milkytracker in fullscreen in 1280x800 on a macbook (lower resolutions work also)

elcalen

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 01:03:58 »

Hi,

I'm also on a MacBook, and noticed strange behaviour with fullscreen. MilkyTracker doesn't open correctly in fullscreen when I start it (showing the title bar, for instance). However, hitting option-command-F switches to fullscreen and back without problems. (When resolution is set to 1280x800. Going fullscreen with another resolution seems to cause other open apps to change window sizes/positions.)

I also got an error message when first trying to switch to 1280x800 fullscreen in the config menu, but I haven't been able to duplicate it...

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 19:56:26 »

...Going fullscreen with another resolution seems to cause other open apps to change window sizes/positions.)
That's correct behaviour, MilkyTracker can't setup a shielding window to prevent this behavior because it will block out the file open panels.

elcalen

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 21:22:08 »

Yeah, I thought it was something like that. And obviously you'd want to use fullscreen with your normal resolution anyway, so it's not really a problem (for me, at least).

The startup issue is more annoying. When I start MilkyTracker it shows the splash screen fullscreen, but when the app itself opens, it shows the window's title bar, pushing the window that much down. Going into fullscreen with the keystroke (or through the config page), however, locates the window correctly, without the title bar.

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 21:32:27 »

I can remember seeing that once, but I never figured out what it was because it doesn't happen on my computers.

elcalen

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 22:00:24 »

Happens to me every time I open MilkyTracker.

And in case anyone's wondering, I'm on a MacBook, Intel processor, OS X Leopard with latest updates, 1280x800 resolution.

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 21:13:03 »

All I can suggest for now is setting up a slightly lower vertical resolution and go with the windowed mode. As long as I can't reproduce the bug it's difficult to fix it and currently my time is very limited.

grimmeld

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 14:22:28 »

It's a common practice these days for full-screen programs to have the selection of refresh rate available for the user. That's why it went wrong here: MilkyTracker goes by 1 default refresh rate (although it is unknown to me wether or not default refresh rates have been assigned to every resolution in MilkyTracker). A lot of screens do support all resolutions but not all refresh rates. As far as know, 60 herz is possible on almost all screens, but tends to annoy people so 75 herz is quite a common standard nowadays.

I suppose this could be a request for a Milkytracker functionality, but it won't be easy as some resolution/herz combinations can screw up badly-secured monitors. Thus the program would have to auto-detect possible combinations to make sure that the program isn't in any way responsible for damaging equipment.

As long as the option to select a refresh frequency rate stays unavailable, it's going to have to be a lower (or in a few cases, higher) resolution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up