Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: MilkyTracker User's Guide (inna wiki stylee)  (Read 387819 times)

dysamoria

• New User
  • hi there
    • View Profile
    • dysamoria
Re: MilkyTracker User's Guide (inna wiki stylee)
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 22:08:41 »

Is Rich Text (RTF) robust enough for your intentions? i tend to use that as my standard formatted text file format, but i know it has limitations.

which Palm device did you have and which version of PsyTex did you try? i think PsyTex II was the one i used.

DasKreestof

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 15:51:06 »

RTF has robust enough formatting, but lacks the image compression that Word has. Saving the files in RTF format resulted in files that were 10 times larger. (which excludes them from being shared through this board.

I can email zipped versions of the files if you wish.

I think I had a Palm Vx. I can't remember the version of PsyTex. I know I had to install a hack for it to be able to "work" but still couldn't get it to run in any workable way.

michaeljsmalley

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 05:43:55 »

Hey everyone, this is my first post here. It seems like this thread was abandoned and no wiki was established, so I took the liberty of creating a whole site running MediaWiki called MilkyDocs.com. Since the time this discussion originally took place (almost 10 years ago), Mediawiki has still remained the most popular open source wiki platform, so I went with that.

Here's the wiki. It's open to anyone to contribute, and I'd love to see it become the de facto place where people of all levels of experience go to learn more about making great music with MilkyTracker:
http://milkydocs.com/

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2016, 13:30:17 »

Just a thought, since it's a wiki it might make sense to not just put the whole manual into one big wiki page but put each chapter on its own page.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

michaeljsmalley

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2016, 14:50:07 »

That's a large task (in terms of both organization and time investment). I do also wonder how much better it would be having the official manual spread out over multiple pages. People don't like to wait for pages to load so it's kind of nice (IMHO) when you know that you're looking at the official manual in its entirety on one page. We can still use wiki functionality to dive deeper on certain subjects and link from the official manual, or to just create new content entirely. That said, this is part of the beauty of the wiki being community maintained. Anyone can go in and start on adding, removing, reorganizing, or changing any of the content.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up