Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multichannel recording always on  (Read 12395 times)

javamannen2

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Multichannel recording always on
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 19:19:32 »

... WIP documentation ... ;)

Point taken.

8ch

• A#4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 21:10:57 »

yeah, ok! got it now ... anyway.. the statement "mc recording always on" is wrong.. ;P will you tell me what instr-backtrace is then? heheh!

and now for the stupid part of this post: i am interested in writing a "milky explained kind of a doc"...
anyone up with me before getting off topic now?...

javamannen2

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 23:32:06 »

yeah, ok! got it now ... anyway.. the statement "mc recording always on" is wrong.. ;P

Yeah, I should have expressed myself more clearly.

will you tell me what instr-backtrace is then? heheh!

OK, it works like this:
When you enter a new note in the pattern editor, the currently selected instrument will not be used. Instead, the instrument of the preceding note on the same channel will be "inherited".

and now for the stupid part of this post: i am interested in writing a "milky explained kind of a doc"...

Sure, I'd like to chip in.

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 01:56:46 »

I think that would fall under the planned wiki user's guide. It has its perks compared to a monolithic document, where updates depend on a single person's motivation. I think this is further emphasized by the spare time nature of the project. Naturally you (and everybody) else would be more than welcome to contribute to it.

OK, it works like this:
When you enter a new note in the pattern editor, the currently selected instrument will not be used. Instead, the instrument of the preceding note on the same channel will be "inherited".
Thanks, I'd also forgotten what the hell that did. ;)

DasKreestof

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 23:50:23 »

javamannen2 and 8ch: Since you both expressed interest, I've uploaded a Milkytracker skeleton document here: http://modarchive.org/forums/index.php?topic=1265.10

Perhaps you'd like to download it, fill in some of the incomplete sections (in red) and upload those changes?

Many sections are already filled out. I think I copied the explanation of instr-backtrace from this thread. ;)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up