Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How about creamtracker ie.milkytracker2?  (Read 8903 times)

luke

• View Profile
How about creamtracker ie.milkytracker2?
« on: September 18, 2009, 02:55:18 »

Dude!!! Holy shit!!! (on the subject of currently availiable PDA trackers) SUNVOX is amazing!!!

HOWEVER, I still prefer the layout of the primal, original and greatest reigning emperor tracker, the good king milkytracker better though, so ah gots tah ponderin....

how about a new milkytracker which has all those features which would break compatibility with FT2? (it could have its own version of .xm like .mlky or something...rendering, so wouldnt really matter too much)

filter effect commands + wavetables
delay
reverb
pitch wavetables or envelope

AND

FM synthesis!!!!!

take all the great features of adlibtracker2, impulsetracker, goattracker....etc...

all those little things could cause milky to become a monster,  nay, a tyrant, a beast!!!

CREAMTRACKER!?

luke

• View Profile
Re: How about creamtracker ie.milkytracker2?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 02:58:57 »

Forgot to mention LGPT, some of those effect commands, and the tables screen....SHEESH!
I mean WOWZA!  :-[.................................. :'(

Deltafire

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 17:03:32 »

I don't think pailes has any interest in extending Milkytracker in that way - although the source is available for anyone else who is up to the challenge (and has motivation ;)

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 18:48:18 »

May I suggest that if somebody wants to start building new features on top of Milky, all the FT2 compatibility stuff is best tossed out the window as a first order of business.

luke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 20:05:55 »

im gonna get a friend of mine to have a look at the source code...i dont understand it at all (yet, haha!!)
you guys must have spent a long, long time on this...really appreciated you know....it is the best.....

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 20:34:54 »

Yeah I also had many great ideas for a potential follower (e.g. more flexible GUI, more features etc) but spare time has become really, really rare these days. I guess the current MilkyTracker code base is not a really good starting point for such a project. If had had to do something like this I'd start from scratch all over again :P

MilkyTracker has been my first useful contribution to the world, I love it and if I had a couple of months off I would certainly pick it up and improve it a little.

Khades

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 20:17:25 »

Dude!!! Holy shit!!! (on the subject of currently availiable PDA trackers) SUNVOX is amazing!!!

HOWEVER, I still prefer the layout of the primal, original and greatest reigning emperor tracker, the good king milkytracker better though, so ah gots tah ponderin....

how about a new milkytracker which has all those features which would break compatibility with FT2? (it could have its own version of .xm like .mlky or something...rendering, so wouldnt really matter too much)

filter effect commands + wavetables
delay
reverb
pitch wavetables or envelope

AND

FM synthesis!!!!!

take all the great features of adlibtracker2, impulsetracker, goattracker....etc...

all those little things could cause milky to become a monster,  nay, a tyrant, a beast!!!

CREAMTRACKER!?
JUST DO IT YOURSELF FAG!

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 03:30:11 »

JUST DO IT YOURSELF FAG!

LOL. I'm giving you a totally unauthorized tongue-in-cheek warning pleading common sense Internet etiquette. We are a peaceful haven of a town and luke has shown nothing but enthusiasm toward the MilkyTracker project. Live and let live.

Khades

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 13:35:42 »

i'd say that it would be much easier to write a new tracker than modify completely different oriented tracker to achieve modular features in milky. so noone will do that for him except himself

my brain is twisting when i try to think about writing generic dialogs library, modular sound routing library etc and then trying to put theese in milky and rewrrinitng core library for them

if pailes would do that it will take nearly 5-10 years is think.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 13:38:37 by Khades »

luke

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 02:20:00 »

stop smoking that ice bra... its the devils dandruff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up