Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cursor jumping after note insertion  (Read 4392 times)

grip

• New User
    • View Profile
Cursor jumping after note insertion
« on: April 15, 2010, 23:35:26 »

Every time I enter a note, the cursor jumps ahead a certain number of positions. This really bugs me. I've been looking for a way to disable this, but i haven't found one. How do I do it?

TraumFlug

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Cursor jumping after note insertion
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 00:02:53 »

yeah, next to the "flip" thing by the "bpm/spd" infos, there's an "add" value...that determins by how many rows the cursor will jump ahead after entering a note/effect value in non playback mode.

the key combo to change this value is (at least in ft2-mode that I use): (<shift>)-<key above tab>. I used the term "key above tab" because it depends on the language of your keyboard - it's the one left to the "1"-key. without shift, the ammount of rows jumped forward will increase, with shift (the left shift key, not the right) it will decrease...handy when working with the keyboard as much as possible, to not have to touch the mouse to click the "+/-" buttons next to the "add" value.

so to disable "autojumping" just set the "add" value to zero somehow, and the cursor won't move ahead anymore after entering something. higher add values than one are of course handy to enter note progressions quickly that are spaced by the same number of rows...but you'll figure out yourself, I guess... ;)

grip

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Cursor jumping after note insertion
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 06:00:22 »

Thanks for the info! Totally obscure.

Yeah, I mean, I figured the jumping is useful for something once you've got the hang of things and actually know wtf you're doing. But at this point I just wanna put some notes in and not have the cursor fly across the screen every time I do.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up