Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording samples from inside the sample editor  (Read 5814 times)

Retro Banana

• New User
    • View Profile
Recording samples from inside the sample editor
« on: November 07, 2013, 18:47:53 »

I believe that one of the last major features missing from Milkytracker is the ability to record samples from inside the sample editor. I find it workflow-breaking that I have to open up an external program to record a sample from my radio or one of my synthesizers, save it in that program, and import it into Milkytracker. It should also be possible to choose the desired sample rate and bit depth.

theDESTROYER

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Recording samples from inside the sample editor
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 21:55:10 »

totally agree with that!

i use oktalizer and like protracker there's a sampler inside.. but i use it inside the "winuae" emulator so unfortunately on pc version the sampler doesn't work.. 

i even contacted the master who actually is programming it but he is interesting in everything regarding amiga features except that thing  :'(

if they can put a sampler on milkytracker it would be a chance to have the best tracker around (with amiga sound support)  :o

Ayskura

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 00:27:25 »

I believe that one of the last major features missing from Milkytracker is the ability to record samples from inside the sample editor. I find it workflow-breaking that I have to open up an external program to record a sample from my radio or one of my synthesizers, save it in that program, and import it into Milkytracker. It should also be possible to choose the desired sample rate and bit depth.

yes this!!! it is really a deal breaker having a Music Tracker who can't sample :( and Milky Tracker seem the only one alongside SunVox that runs on a Raspberry pi, or am I missing something here?

I would so like FT2 Clone would run on Raspberry pi...

leondustar

• New User
    • View Profile

theorize

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 16:57:49 »

FT2 clone DOES run on the Raspberry PI.... If you tried compiling it for Pi a long time ago and it didn't work I got it to compile by taking one line out that didn't agree with SDL for the PI... I can't remember the specifics it was a couple years ago... I think there's a version specifically for the PI now or all versions might have that line removed I think... think it was a legacy call anyway and no longer used. Either way it for sure runs on the PI... But honestly SunVox is more appropriate I think... more efficient I believe. But try it for yourself because honestly I think that has changed I think it might run a lot better now. I'd love to get one of the newest ones I think I have the 4b+ or something, but the newest hardware seems like a significant jump up in power. I would like to get one that's impedded in the keyboard such a cool idea like a C64.... awesome!
Pages: [1]   Go Up