Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm looking for some XI patches.  (Read 9681 times)

cheezer

• New User
    • View Profile
I'm looking for some XI patches.
« on: October 28, 2006, 02:46:19 »

I'm looking for a fastracker instrument set (XI). I'm looking for a midi drum set. And it HAS to be a midi drum set ready to use with a midi conversion utility so that it comes out with the snare drum and bass drum and etc. actually being what their supposed to be. I've been scouring the web for hours and I havent found anything.

Eagle

• Rising Star
  • Technique Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eagle's pulsonal website.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 11:16:24 »

I don't have one at the moment. But give me a day or two, and I will have one ready.
Collecting trackers and sequencers since 2006!

Eagle

• Rising Star
  • Technique Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eagle's pulsonal website.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 17:50:50 »

One of the reasons that you can not find a FastTracker Instrument with MIDI drums is that XI can not have more than 32 samples stored in it. MIDI uses 62 drum samples. Perhaps an ITI could have them all in it.

Another reason which may lead to the fact that you do not get the drums you want after MIDI conversion is that MIDI is only notes and the samples are stored on your audio card. That means that the samples will vary on every sound card. Though, most PCs with Windows has the GM.DLS MIDI samples.

A last reason may be that you've used the wrong method of converting the module (I assume you are converting a module since you are writing this in a tracker community) to MIDI or your MIDI conversion utility has a bug.
Collecting trackers and sequencers since 2006!
Pages: [1]   Go Up