Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Site maintenance  (Read 5994 times)

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
Site maintenance
« on: September 23, 2023, 16:56:24 »

:breakpage:
:breakhead:
While the site undergoes some maintenance (due to some malicious attacks) most interactive features have been disabled until further notice while an investigation is underway by the hosting provider. Due to the lack of staff resources, it is unlikely that a resolution will be quick.

The steps to resolve these attacks have been taken by the retired admin and the original creator of this iteration of Modarchive, as Saga Musix has not been seen since at least November 2022.

-m0d
:breakhead:
:breakpage:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 16:38:31 by m0d »
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

a_tiny_pony

• New User
  • Illetante
    • View Profile
Re: Site maintenance
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 23:41:00 »

thanks m0d for your 'just when i was out they drag me back in' actions to maintain the integrity of the site even though you've hung up your badge and gun - outlaw hero ████.

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 00:54:36 »

A small update:

The user responsible for the site lock down goes by the name Omegatronic who left this message on their profile.

This website was using my music without permission for too long...
a warm hello from omegatronic   UwU  <3<3<3

“Using my music without permission” is a bold claim, they have not made any contact or provided any proof whatsoever via any means to identify what they are on about.

Unfortunately I have recently been taken seriously ill, and a few days ago I was diagnosed with extremely advanced (metastasised) cancer. I am too sick to spend energy on making the necessary changes to re-open the site functions, so from my perspective of things at the moment, they will likely remain offline indefinitely.

👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

7KiTSUNE

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2023, 14:04:28 »

Good grief :rolleyes: what an a-holish thing to do, all they needed to do is ask. Really sorry about what you're having to go through, hopefully someone else can come through and bring this site back up and your situation gets better.

Doug

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2023, 02:08:09 »

If Saga hasn't been on this site since Nov 2022, then who is posing as him on the ModPlug Central Forum site? I have a hard time believing that he has avoided this website since Nov 2022, that is a long time, something doesn't seem right, especially since he is supposed to be the moderator of this Forum. Is he just a very busy person or has something happened to him and someone has hacked his forum account on ModPlug Central and is posing as him on ModPlug Central? Something really doesn't seem right. I have contacted LPChip (The ModPlug Central Forum Administrator) about this issue, I hope I am just being paranoid, perhaps I have watched to much CSI New York on TV.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 02:16:36 by Doug »

cs127

• New User
  • massive OpenMPT enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2023, 11:59:43 »

If Saga hasn't been on this site since Nov 2022, then who is posing as him on the ModPlug Central Forum site? I have a hard time believing that he has avoided this website since Nov 2022, that is a long time, something doesn't seem right, especially since he is supposed to be the moderator of this Forum. Is he just a very busy person or has something happened to him and someone has hacked his forum account on ModPlug Central and is posing as him on ModPlug Central? Something really doesn't seem right. I have contacted LPChip (The ModPlug Central Forum Administrator) about this issue, I hope I am just being paranoid, perhaps I have watched to much CSI New York on TV.

I'm pretty sure that's him on Modplug Central. he's still very active online, just not on TMA for some reason..
if you check his website, every song he had made until Nov 2022 has a TMA link. he has made more songs since then, but he hasn't added any of them to TMA.
idk what's going on with him, but he's definitely fine and still active on other places.

looper231

• Casual guy
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2023, 04:08:54 »

I can also confirm that Saga is indeed active in the scene. He's been at TRSAC 2023 even. I can't say what's going on with his relation to TMA. This situation is getting more and more dire. I'm really sorry to hear about the horrifying condition, m0d.  :(
"Beyond the reach of human range. A bit of evil. A touch of strange" - Paradox

cs127

• New User
  • massive OpenMPT enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2023, 11:22:33 »

has anybody managed to contact Saga to ask him why he left TMA?

psychodargon

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2023, 11:45:01 »

I contacted him via email but have not received a response.
I have been in contact with him since this website was attacked.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 11:47:04 by psychodargon »

LPChip

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2023, 19:22:22 »

Just registered so I can post here.

Although I'm not in close contact with SagaMusix, not as close as I used to be in the past, I did a bit of checking and I've also sent him a PM notifying him of the discussion here.

I saw that he performed moderation actions on Modplug Forums yesterday, so I can safely say that he appears to be alive. Much more than that, I can't say but if for some reason all of this does not reach him, then he really has his mind somewhere else that needs a lot more attention than we're asking from him.

I'm sure he'll eventually replies here, or, he replies to me and if I feel like I can add something to this topic, I'll do so.

Hope this helps anyone.

Cheers,
- LPChip
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up