Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A temporary reject: Destressor  (Read 9500 times)

sciboy1190

• New User
    • View Profile
    • [my] visual art
A temporary reject: Destressor
« on: May 05, 2007, 04:11:47 »

So appearently, not only is it possible to get a module rejected only temporarily, but this happened to one of mine.

Download: [Destressor]

I am aware that the samples are out of tune....but they're in tune with each other....so I'm guessing it's something else....like that little riff at each pattern....

Feedback?  (:
[insert something interesting here]

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 13:05:00 »

well, this module sounsd a bit chaotic. plus, it's very short. You should not spend only 20 mins on a module, but at least an hour, i guess. You could include different melodies then. In this case, you have this melody that repeats for the whole time (which isn't much), some drums and some chords.  Ever thought of a bassline? :) I didn't include one in my very first attempts aswell.
Conclusion: You have to spend a bit more time on your module ;) It could be a nice one if it was longer and included all the other stuff I mentioned ;)
So if I wrote a review, I would have given this maybe 3 points, but not more.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

zovik

• New User
    • View Profile
    • http://mcs.drury.edu/nbloomfield
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 04:50:29 »

You should definitely lengthen this one, polish it, and resubmit. It's got potential.

First of all, the background starting at 10 sec. is really good. The chaotic-ness there is a plus; I muted channels 1 and 2 and it immediately sounded better. With an extra minute of length and a few changes to keep it interesting, you could leave out the lead part and have a decent track.

My suggestion is to work on the lead, which can be kind of repetitive and even annoying. It seems to have trouble finding a tonal center, which you may have intended (if that's the case just work on the repetition.) You might consider finding a different lead sample, and making the lead a bit softer so it doesn't overpower your intricate backbeat.

I look forward to hearing the edited version.  :)
on't believe everything you read on the internets. -W

sciboy1190

• New User
    • View Profile
    • [my] visual art
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 23:29:51 »

I find myself hesitant to change this one....because I was in a state of mind that the song quite accurately describes....
Adding or taking away much would be really hard to do without changing that mood...unless I was in it...

hmm....this may take awhile...
[insert something interesting here]
Pages: [1]   Go Up