Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Timbaland ripped a track from demoscener  (Read 57895 times)

asharm

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Timbaland admits using the music in radio interview
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 11:59:12 »

Quote from: "m0d"
Quote from: "asharm"
Timbaland admits using the music in this radio interview. Please listen for yourself and spread the word:

http://www.eitmonline.com/eitmonline2/media/eitmlive/timbaland2.mp3

There is also a Youtube version, in the above MP3 you have to look around the mid-way mark to find the part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATkHbfbQAc4

Ah... thanks! Well, it seems to me like he's basically admitted guilt. He's lying about not having time to find the credits... He released the ringtone first, then one year later he released the song... he had plenty of time.

The way he distinguishes stealing from sampling is just bizarre... It's not stealing as long as you're not in the guy's house???

What kind of artist takes a finished work, adds a drumbeat and sells it as a ringtone?

He's just feigning ignorance in my opinion. He knows that he was on the wrong side of the law when he used someone else's music like that...

Ceekayed

• TMA Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
    • Ceekayed on Soundcloud
Timbaland ripped a track from demoscener
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 12:50:25 »

Arrogancy at it's finest.

Rikimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 14:55:35 »

Oh come on you guys, his analogy isn't so bad.  I mean, consider this.  What, exactly, does it mean to steal your TV?  Clearly, stealing your TV would be following you to the store, WATCHING you buy it, and then taking it from you.  Okay, that's stealing.  But obviously, if I just take your TV while you're not home or while you're not looking, then that's not stealing, right?  If I see a TV somewhere, clearly it is my right to take it and use it for myself.  That's what we call sampling, not stealing.  Everybody knows that.  Where's your common sense?

(/sarcasm)
quot;I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."

Eagle

• Rising Star
  • Technique Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eagle's pulsonal website.
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 15:31:09 »

Timbaland sounds like he is dodging a punch he has already been hit by, to be honest. He sure do some smooth talking making it sound all acceptable what he did. Typical someone who's guilty.
Collecting trackers and sequencers since 2006!

asharm

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 17:52:11 »

Quote from: "Rikimbo"
Oh come on you guys, his analogy isn't so bad.  I mean, consider this.  What, exactly, does it mean to steal your TV?  Clearly, stealing your TV would be following you to the store, WATCHING you buy it, and then taking it from you.  Okay, that's stealing.  But obviously, if I just take your TV while you're not home or while you're not looking, then that's not stealing, right?  If I see a TV somewhere, clearly it is my right to take it and use it for myself.  That's what we call sampling, not stealing.  Everybody knows that.  Where's your common sense?

(/sarcasm)

:lol:

zovik

• New User
    • View Profile
    • http://mcs.drury.edu/nbloomfield
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 21:25:45 »

My favorite YouTube comments:

namejsdc   (4 hours ago)
It's not like this music is very serious or thoughtful, so if he steals a drumbeat and notes from someone else then it doesn't matter. It's garbage music and the only people listening to that stuff are morons. Who cares about musical garbage and what morons think?

POLKJUJKI   (5 hours ago)
Bleh, who cares about some beepboop sound, timbaland makes tons of money and creates MANY jobs for people. That money (the pay of the workers) shoulnd be jeopardized (spelling) by some pizzafaced geek from finnland.

Hello, my fellow pizzafaced morons.  :lol:

timbaland == asshat
on't believe everything you read on the internets. -W

the Deviant

• View Profile
    • http://thedeviant.nav.to
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007, 13:07:40 »

Quote from: "zovik"
My favorite YouTube comments:

namejsdc   (4 hours ago)
It's not like this music is very serious or thoughtful, so if he steals a drumbeat and notes from someone else then it doesn't matter. It's garbage music and the only people listening to that stuff are morons. Who cares about musical garbage and what morons think?

POLKJUJKI   (5 hours ago)
Bleh, who cares about some beepboop sound, timbaland makes tons of money and creates MANY jobs for people. That money (the pay of the workers) shoulnd be jeopardized (spelling) by some pizzafaced geek from finnland.

Hello, my fellow pizzafaced morons.  :lol:

timbaland == asshat

I love the mentality
truly it gives you faith in the future of humanity  :shock:

the Deviant

• View Profile
    • http://thedeviant.nav.to
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 13:13:02 »

another gem:

MizzPrincezz   (1 day ago)
I believe Timbaland I don't care what anybody says, alright producers sample stuff all the time, maybe the song didn't say who made it, maybe it just said C-64 or somethin and he liked it and used it. So if you took a newspaper and crumbled it in front of a microphone and used it as a sound in a movie as special effects or something should the newspaper company be mad at you cuz they didn't get paid? That doesn't mean you're a thief.

:lol:

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 15:01:21 »

Oh... My... God - A newspaper - nice comparison :D A newspaper isn't intended to sound, nor is it free to download :D Those people don't really think or they are stupid at all.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

Rikimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2007, 17:38:26 »

Obviously people who write comments like that are people who have never created anything in their lives.  It's hard to believe, but that's the only way one could possibly explain such lack of understanding for how frustrating it is to have someone steal something that you have created.  How could you possibly compare that to making noise with a crumpled newspaper?  It just amazes me that people can be daft enough to make bad analogies like that.

On an unrelated topic, it's time for some Rikimbo poetry!  I found this awesome poem on Wikipedia:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Sugar is sweet,
And so are you.

But it had no credits associated to it... so obviously I will assume that the poem was not created by a human being, and just fell into the public domain as a result of some freak accident involving a blender and a newspaper which scrambled these words in this pseudorandom fashion.  Oh well, I like it, so I'm going to sample it.  Here, for your enjoyment, is my fresh, new, totally original poem:

Rikimbo's Super Special Awesome Poem
Once apon a time,
In a land far, far away,
Roses were red,
Violets were blue,
Sugar was sweet,
And so were you.
I hate my life,
And I want to die.

By Rikimbo.

I hope my poetry has touched your heart, as it comes from the most honest part of mine.
quot;I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up