Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Project ST-01: The instruments behind the historic ST-01 sample disk revealed  (Read 94354 times)

dr_mabuse

• View Profile

"Asia" & "PanFlute" are also from a DX Synth,

"Gato" is a preset Wave from the D-50 =)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 02:58:01 by dr_mabuse »

HideawayStudio

• New User
    • View Profile
    • Artists Homepage on Last FM

:)  Thanks for that Dr....  I will check them out at the weekend.  I'm slightly surprised I missed D50 Gato...  It's possible I've deleted the factory preset off my D550.

Cheers,

Dan.
Err Dan..  is there supposed to be smoke coming out of your Omni-2?

dr_mabuse

• View Profile

any news there? the st-01 domain seems to be still empty  ???

HideawayStudio

• New User
    • View Profile
    • Artists Homepage on Last FM

any news there? the st-01 domain seems to be still empty  ???

Hi Guys - in answer to the Dr's question... very frustratingly, the chap who was putting together the website for me dissappeared without trace  :rolleyes:  If anyone is interested in putting the website bones/engine together then I am happy to create as much content as I've time for.

...not forgotten - just on the back burner.....

Cheers,

Dan.
Err Dan..  is there supposed to be smoke coming out of your Omni-2?

Stamen

• New User
    • View Profile
    • Everdune Music

Hi Guys - in answer to the Dr's question... very frustratingly, the chap who was putting together the website for me dissappeared without trace  :rolleyes:  If anyone is interested in putting the website bones/engine together then I am happy to create as much content as I've time for.

...not forgotten - just on the back burner.....

Cheers,

Dan.

Hi there,

Amazing job, Dan. It is very interesting to see what synths are behind the ST-01 samples, becouse I was a lucky owner of the disk back in the day! :)

Too bad the website thing. :(

Kind regards,

Saul

dysamoria

• New User
  • hi there
    • View Profile
    • dysamoria

anyone make any progress on this project since these original posts?

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!

Since I got a D-50 now, I might be able to record some of the original ST-01 samples in higher quality in the future. However, I'm also trying to identify other famous MOD samples at the moment.

I-47 Spacious Sweep is probably the best known filter sweep sample in the MOD scene, f.e. used in Purple Motion's 2nd Reality. To recreate it, play C2 and C3 at once.

C-76 Ethnic Fifths from the PN-D50-02 ROM card can be found as D50-10.WAV in the TMA Waveworld collection.

Edit: The D-50 folder in the Waveworld collection actually has an info file with all the sample sources, but they are missing the ROM card number.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 00:07:27 by Saga Musix »
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

Yomaru_Kasuga

Yeah, I really like it and interested that topic from a samples of ST-01. Then i've tried that to make a module in Amiga ProTracker, to make more notes for a music.

The Born

• New User
    • View Profile

Wow this is awesome! I have always been enticed by the origins of the instruments from my song. Thank you for posting this.

haji_da_musician

• New User
    • View Profile

Sorry that I'm 14 years late to the party, but "Strings6" kind-of sounds like the Roland D-50's "Glass Voices" patch (in my opinion)
Unfortunately, the only samples I have of this patch are from other websites, and I'm not sure how I would ask for permission to repost those samples here, so I can't provide any samples (i dont even have a d-50, and I haven't signed up for roland cloud, and i dont know how to find the original roland d50 rom images [i heard that they are copyrighted :( ]
Also, "KorgDoi" seems to be a Korg Poly-800 patch called "Wet Ones"
There's some pretty good samples of these synth patches on the Synthmania website, which are the samples I used for some of the comparison I did.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 06:53:51 by haji_da_musician »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up