Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yet another Tracker Module Decoder - MPPWC  (Read 60347 times)

Baldric

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another Tracker Module Decoder - MPPWC
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2013, 08:15:27 »

Hi!

Now I've submitted the code as Open Source to GitHib

https://github.com/Patosc/VelvetStudio

Best
Patrik Oscarsson

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2013, 10:15:29 »

Yay, thanks a lot! I'm certain this will be interesting to look at. And maybe it will convince a few other tracker developers from back then to finally open their sources, who knows. :)
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

Dege

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2013, 12:40:34 »

Hi Baldric!

I'm a bit lagging behind, as for the recent Velvet Studio news. :)
Thanks for releasing the source so quickly, great news!

Unfortunately implementing AMS support in mppwc is been paused for some time, but I didn't give it up.
I would really appreciate if you could give me some hints and help to some unclear playing logic if I come accross them. But, having the source, I hope I won't have to reverse engineer so many thing by ear as I did with other formats. I also hope that everything will be clear by the source and bothering you by a lot of questions will be unnecessary after all. :)

(BTW, a long ago I found a bug in the decoder. Not so serious, but a few IT modules plays totally wrong so it's annoying after all. I think I'm going to release a new version fixing that, without AMS support, for the time being.)

Baldric

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2013, 13:20:20 »

Hi Dege and Saga Musix

I'm just glad I can help. Hopefully the sourcecode can get some insights how to correctly play .AMS files.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help. It would be interesting to beta test the AMS support in your plugin :)

Patrik

eLK

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2013, 22:31:21 »

Hi Baldric and all friends of AMS format and Velvet Studio great application!
I am very happy to see that the AMS is still alive and that there is maybe chance to there be a player to play the AMS correctly as it was intended. I like the format as it seems to me it is very advanced more than others, even I know that every formats has its own pros and cons.. :)
Thank you for putting sources of Velvet Studio for free use, maybe someone can reverse them and make the new version which will be working under new windows systems without need of using any emulator.
Or simply to add the support to ModPlug Tracker which is on the good way to support it! :) I would also like to thank to Dege, who is trying to make the well playing plugin for Winamp which is also very useful and last but not least to thank to Saga Music who coordinate all this to be possible enable to rise this all about AMS and ModPlug and also this web etc. 8)
I am very interesting good modules and good players and I am enjoying what will come now next here on this scene..  ;)
eLK

Dege

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2013, 10:06:54 »

I've released a new version.
However, there is still no AMS support in the plugin, it's just a patch for Impulse Tracker related bugs.
I hope I haven't messed up anything with it. I listened a tons of IT modules during work and it seems to be ok. Anyway, I also hope I don't have to deal with IT anymore.

As for AMS, I would really like to continue the developing but my spare time has dwindled... :(

Patrik, I really appreciate your help in advance.  8)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up